Birthday parties are great in boosting your child’s self-esteem. Making them feel very special on their birthday is one of the best gifts you can give to them. But how and where should you start?
Here are 7 steps that will make your planning easier:
- Create an invite list – Your invite list will determine your budget. It will dictate the size of your venue, the party theme, as well as activities.
- Get creative ideas – To gather creatives ideas for your party theme, you can go to a lot of places for inspiration such as Pinterest.
- Plan the program and activities – Plan how the party should go. List down the games and activities that you want in the program. Remember that throwing a kid’s party doesn’t mean filling the entire program with just games.
- Communicate – When you book a party entertainer or party venue, make sure to discuss the details of the party to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Don’t prepare too much food – There are always plenty of leftover food at kids’ parties. Kids don’t really eat much during the event.
- Go with non-traditional party favors – Go for one high-quality party favors that kids can use such as educational supplies including books, stickers, art kits, notepads and puzzles.
- Thank-you notes – While sending out your invitations through email is already common these days, your guests will still appreciate a good old-fashioned thank-you note.