Give your party a creative and one-of-a-kind touch with these easy-to-create DIY decor ideas for any occasion.
1. Ice Cream Balloon Cones
- Cut Paper for Cone – Use a dinner plate and pencil to trace a large circle onto brown Kraft paper (Image 1). Find the center of the circle and, using the ruler and pencil, draw two lines out from the center to create a wedge that’s about 1/5 the area of the entire circle (Image 2). Use scissors to cut out the circle and wedge to create the cone template. Tip: The finished shape should look like a pie with a piece cut out of it.
- Add Waffle Cone Texture -Using a brown marker, draw parallel lines along the paper, rotate, then draw more parallel lines to create a crisscross pattern reminiscent of a waffle cone
- Inflate Balloon and Attach Cone – Add latex balloon sealant to an empty balloon per the manufacturer’s instructions. Fully inflate the balloon with helium. Tie off the balloon with ribbon, then tape the end of the ribbon to a flat surface . Wrap the brown paper around the ribbon near the spot where it’s attached to the table, making sure that the cone squeezes the ribbon at the bottom .
- Finish Cone and Add Balloon – Tape the paper’s loose ends to the cone’s interior using double-sided tape . Slide the cone up the ribbon to meet the balloon . Attach the balloon to the inside of the cone with more double-sided tape .
2. Sparkling Garland – Tassel Garland
- Cut Fringe – Fold a piece of tissue paper in half and in half the other way. Cut strips towards the fold to create fringe, leaving about 1 inch uncut at the fold line. Once all strips are cut, unfold the tissue and cut in half so you have 2 sheets with fringe (to make 2 tassels).
- Twist Tassels- Unfold tissue paper. Begin rolling tightly down the middle crease. Continue rolling, fold in half and then twist to create a loop for hanging.
- Create More Tassels and Finish Garland – Repeat to create additional tassels in various colors. Hang from thin cord or ribbon.
3. DIY Bunting
A breezy bunting for your spring or summer party can tie everything together at an outdoor or garden event. Just pictures, assemble and hang from nearby structures or two poles staked into the ground.